Looking for a replacement autocrosser

To: autox@autox.team.net, gnb9063@kcpl.com, kcautox@onelist.com,
Subject: Looking for a replacement autocrosser
From: DUELRACER@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 22:13:45 EDT
Well, here I sit after returning from my main mechanic, if you want to call
him that, a fellow autocrosser that has helped me try and keep the Datsun
from Hell alive and kicking.  I was given the bad news that the problem this
time would not be fixable, unless I can find another 200SX and swap the motor
and parts. Good luck on that one I was told.  So, my dilemma has come to
bear.  I have sent off my registration for the Solotime in Wichita and have
no ride for the event.  I don't plan on canceling the trip, but would prefer
to find either another autocrosser or a ride for the event.  If all else
fails, I can bring out the rusted out Fred Flintstone 280ZX I have.  That
would be interesting.  I think I could give some of the British cars a run
for their money on the number of body parts that fall off.

So, I am asking that if anyone happens to get a chance to look at the local
papers and sees a 1982 or 1983 Datsun/Nissan 200SX for sale that is a coupe,
not the hatchback, let me know.  The car doesn't have to be running or not.
I have the motor and tranny, plus a lot of new suspension parts.  Mine
decided that the set up I had and the Toyo tires were to grippy and ripped
the rear upper torsion support frame in half and away from the car.

I have a 87 Toyota Corolla FX-16 GTS, that runs good, but no low end power
and torque that I would be willing to trade for, maybe a decent car that has
potential as a new autocross car for me.

Thanks to all for the responses.

Paul Poore
Mach 51 Datsun 200SX in Hell Stock that has gone to that great big junk yard
in the sky.