SSA, Pintos, and Trunk Kits

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: SSA, Pintos, and Trunk Kits
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 18:17:34 -0400
<<Is there a SSA class? what cars are in it?>>

There used to be an SSA. There even used to be an SSGT. They have gone
the way of the dinosaur. I believe SSA was eliminated because they
didn't make their 'numbers' - each national racing class must have a
certain level of attendance or it is automatically eliminated.

<<This is one place I think I actually agree with ole Linnhoff! Why make
up for your company's bad designs by adding stuff later? Hell you could
make a Pinto win with enough parts in its trunk kit, that doesnt make it
a great car, I dont think it follows along with the Showroom STOCK
ideals.>>

The Pinto does quite well in ITB. But I wouldn't run one without a fuel
cell. ;-)

Trunk kits were invented to attempt to equalize the damage done by
placing the SOHC Neon in SSC and the DOHC Neon in SSB. People were
getting suspicious that two cars from the same marque were winning all
the SS races. I actually thought about buying Jeff Altenberg's old car
but I came to my senses and realized something must be wrong if he was
bailing too after doing so well for so many years...

Paul Foster