re: Another Question!

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Another Question!
From: Dave Hillman <hillman@enteract.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 16:11:44 -0500 (CDT)
Jeff Lloyd wrote...
> Well If I'm thinking about anything I know it wasn't a fast run, For me
> personaly if I blank my mind and just get into the "Zone" it is very
> peaceful and the times that I want come, The experence is very relaxing.
> It works for me because I am a Jerky driver naturally and by just
> relaxing and zoning It feels like I'm driving around my neiborhood..
> and I can be smooth and drive at my 9/10ths (Thanks Mark), my natural
> line is very close to the proper line, It took me a lot of pratice to
> learn NOT to try so darn hard

   That's very interesting, since I've found that I am in the opposite
situation.  After reading and hearing so many recommendations to 'slow
down to go fast', I began slowing down too much, and simply not being very
aggresive, at least, not in the right places.

   Then I threw away a run early with a cone, and 'went for it', mostly
for the entertainment value.  When I finished, I was breathing fast and my
heartbeat was elevated much higher than normal... and the remainder of the
run was clean and much faster.  Since then I've tried to forget 'slowing
down', and thinking 'slow in, fast out', and it seems to work better.

   Plus I had more fun that way.

--
 D a v i d  H i l l m a n
 nma, scca, scscc, imoc