Re: Turbo guys get screwed again.

To: AUTOX@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Turbo guys get screwed again.
From: Karl Witt <kwitt@shore.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:43:22 -0400
On or about 11:14 AM 6/15/1999 , Eric Linnhoff did say:
>=======================
>But it was a very useful mod for the DSM folks.  If I remember this
>correctly, and I'm sure I'll be corrected if not, the first gen. turbos
>flowed more air in the upper revs but had a little more lag before boost
>built up.  The 2nd gen. DSM turbos were smaller and had less boost lag
>but also didn't flow as much air in the higher revs so they just
>basically pooped out earlier than the motor.

Let's not forget the 10lbs of boost creep they get from it when combined
with all the exhaust mods...from 14# to 24...not too shabby in my book, and
all but unmentioned when this was all discussed and we were "edumuhcated"
by DG here....wonder why that was?

I don't see where the turbo guys 'got screwed' I see that they'll be put
back under the same restrictions as the N/A guys go...the turbo is an
integral part of the motor, no different than say swapping LT4 heads onto
an LT1 motor...more-so, they both achieve the same thing...more air in the
combustion chamber. There is little or no difference between the bottom end
of an LT1 or an LT4 motor, but you still have to do the WHOLE motor...and
the difference there is measured in thousands of dollars. If the turbo
folks want it that badly, then i guess they have to pony up the cash just
like the NA guys now....wah.

If you want to have turbos as a seperate entity from the engine,  fine,
make mine a 91 5.7L Z28 1LE turbo. (89 Turbo TA - ESP Camaro/Firebird
('82-'92))

Jay: re: update backdate whole car around turbo: puh-lease. turbo. engine.
together. deal.

Karl
98 Z, not scared, just don't think anyone should get a cost break over
other folks