RE: Official ruling from the SEB???

To: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>
Subject: RE: Official ruling from the SEB???
From: Rocky Entriken <RENTRIKEN/0003006623@MCIMAIL.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 19:47:57 -0500 (EST)
Keep in mind that in providing a response, Howard is trying to be helpful
and member-friendly. He can say "this is how I see it" very quickly, while
the official response from any of SCCA's official boards is unfortunately
but necessarily glacial.

In cc'ing the SEB, he is in effect saying, "I told the member this, and am
so notifying you that I have done so; let me know if I blew it."

It is, as someone else said, a knowledgeable best opinion intended to help
the member along as quickly as possible, but it should always be received in
the knowledge that it is not necessarily the final word.

IMHO, I like Howard's way better than officials who clam up because they are
paranoid about maybe saying the wrong thing and thus are about as useful as
air conditioning on a formula car.

--Rocky