Gray Meissner DTN Nomination

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Gray Meissner DTN Nomination
From: Mike Taylor <miket@interaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 16:36:56 -0500

--------------5F3E22472CD2

Since I nominated Gary, thought I would share my nomination e-mail with
team.net..
--
Mike Taylor
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Lane/5887

--------------5F3E22472CD2

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 23:34:53 -0500
From: Mike Taylor <miket@interaccess.com>
To: oblique@alum.mit.edu
Subject: DTN Nomination

I nominate Gary Meissner and his awsome Celica from Hell as the 1999
team.net DTN

I've been doing this sport for 4 years or so now, and Gary has always
been a great source of very sound technical advice - both locally and on
Team.net.  This can be seen in his car - the worlds fasted EM (or TU
now) earlier generation Toyota Celica.  The car is fast, drives easily,
and is a marvel of sound engineering.  I'm sure Gary's technical ladvice
here on Team.not has helped many sort their car, or just understand how
and why it behave like it does.

Locally here in the Chicago area, Gary is a great asset to both the Tri
State Sports Car Counccil (TSSCC), and the Chicago region SCCA SoloII
programs.  He is the electronic guro - alway fixing and patching the
electronics for both clubs.  Gary is often interupted from other duties
(or driving) during events to fix our stuff and keep the event moving.
He also generous in lending a helping hand, or even his car, when others
are in need.  I was at a McKamey school, my car broke early on, and Gary
let me drive his Celica for the reminder of the school.

Gary is also the local Cal Ripkin of Solo II.  He holds the TSSCC record
for un-interupted attendance at events - I think his streak is currently
at all 8 events per  year for the past 7 years or so!

I therefor nominate Gary Meissner and the Celica from hell as worthy and
deserving team.not representatives for the 1999 DTN.