Re: My DTN nomination, thanks

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My DTN nomination, thanks
From: GSMnow@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 02:20:18 EDT
Mike wrote:

<<<<Since I nominated Gary, thought I would share my nomination e-mail with
team.net..
- --
Mike Taylor
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Lane/5887
<<<SNIP>>>
Locally here in the Chicago area, Gary is a great asset to both the Tri
State Sports Car Counccil (TSSCC), and the Chicago region SCCA SoloII
programs.  He is the electronic guro - alway fixing and patching the
electronics for both clubs.  Gary is often interupted from other duties
(or driving) during events to fix our stuff and keep the event moving.
He also generous in lending a helping hand, or even his car, when others
are in need.  I was at a McKamey school, my car broke early on, and Gary
let me drive his Celica for the reminder of the school.

Gary is also the local Cal Ripkin of Solo II.  He holds the TSSCC record
for un-interupted attendance at events - I think his streak is currently
at all 8 events per  year for the past 7 years or so!

I therefor nominate Gary Meissner and the Celica from hell as worthy and
deserving team.not representatives for the 1999 DTN. >>>>>>
<<reply>>

I want to start off saying "Thank you for nominating me" Mike

I feel this is a great honor even if I don't get any votes towards it. The
work I do for the local clubs is for myself as much as anyone else, and I
feel it is only right to help where I can. It is a big undertaking to run 16
events every summer, (between the two clubs) and my occupation as an
emergency electronics service tech has made me pretty good at getting things
working in a hurry. I have always felt bad that I haven't run for the board
but my odd work hours don't give me the time needed to do that. Giving my
time where I can is how I try to make it up. In the Chicago area we have many
who go far beyond what is required of them to make these programs work, and I
feel all of them deserve recognition. I think I recieved this nomination
because of the dedicated group, I may be the only one who has not done
nationals yet.

With the talk about the ST classes going on, I have written a few post, as I
have my car set up to run STU with a turbo on the stock engine in the Celica.
If STU does not run at Nationals I was still thinking of going this year if
my schedule permits, and I would run in EMod. I know I won't be catching the
top runers, but from the last few years results the car could possibly be in
trophy contention if I don't screw up too bad. And it is street driven al the
time. Probably even the 800 or so miles to Topeka, since I don't even have a
trailer.

Gary M.

P.S. Yeah, my unbroken streak is still going after 8 years, and there is only
one person with more consecutive events, and his streak ended so I can catch
him. When my girlfried came with me to our year end party the first time, she
was shocked when the longest streaks were anounced. They got to second
longest and she asked me who is the loser with no life who has more? Oh well,
Now she is our registrar and is running her second full season.