Re: Karts

To: Andy Poling <andy@globalauctions.com>
Subject: Re: Karts
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 15:12:21 -0700
Andy Poling wrote:
> My tire budget for the year (one local event per weekend, plus 4 Pros, plus
> Nationals) for my Miata, including a second set of tires for Nationals (a
> luxury really) will be under $800.

Wow!  That's incredibly cheap.  Kumho's I presume?

In fairness, my 4 set history is largely due to trying to learn which
tires I wanted and how to set them up...

I sold one set of BFG's before I ever used them, and I killed off one
set of Hoosiers due to bad pressure (DOH!).  And currently I have four
usable tires, but just barely, and they don't match.  Still, based on
what I *think* we've selected for tires this year, we expect to go
through about 4 - 5 sets this year in actual usage.  This is actually
pretty normal for us, looking over the last several years.  I believe
back around 1994 we used to go through as many as 8 sets per year, so
for all the talk about decreased tire life, we used to actually eat more
of them.

--Byron