Re: FW: Solo II racing (in Mississippi)

To: TeamZ3@aol.com, nhelms@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: FW: Solo II racing (in Mississippi)
From: Volpp@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 22:27:33 EDT
In a message dated 6/24/99 6:26:06 PM, TeamZ3 writes:

<<bashburn@iu.net forwarded:

<< Hello, my name is Nick Helms, and I am 24 and interested in getting started
 in Solo II racing.  I would be driving a '99 Acura Integra GSR in the Stock
 G class.

 I am writing to try to get some in formation on any events in my area.
 This is the tough part.  I live in Jackson, Mississippi.  If you could
 inform me of any events or contacts in my area, I would really appreciate
 it. >>

Mississippi is part of the SCCA Southwest Division.  Unfortunately,
Mississippi is not the most active state with regard to Solo2, but there are
places to autox.  I'm not all that familiar with Mississippi event locations
but here is what I do know.  Some South-Central US websites to checkout are
linked below for your convenience.

No Mississippi Regions listed here, but some Louisana and Arkanasas events
might be within reason:
<A HREF="http://www.autocross.com/autoc/scclub.htm";>www.autocross.com clublist
</A>

or here: <A HREF="http://www.scca.org/interactive/regions.html#swdiv";>SCCA
Regional clublist
</A>

You might consider this Memphis, TN based region because there is a Tri-State
series held between them, Mississippi, and Arkansas:
<A HREF="http://midsouthregionscca.homepage.com/";>Memphis, TN region</A>

Try emailing Steve Volpp in Meridian, MS for some additional MS-based events
at:  Volpp@aol.com

You might also consider subscribing to North American Pylon.  It is a monthly
newsrag dedicated exclusively to autocross with lots of regional/national
coverage and has a very extensive US-wide event calendar listing in the back.
 I'm pretty sure I've seen Mississippi events listed in there.  Email Pat
Kelly for subscription info at:   lollipop@ricochet.net

You also might consider joining the Team.net autocross digest.  You might be
able to agther some info there as well.  Here's the link with the autox
digest info:
 <A HREF="http://www.sfrscca.com/solo2/faq/index.html";>Team.net autox digest
</A>

I also copied the various people and lists with this, so something should
turn up for you.

Good luck,

Mark Sipe
SEDiv Solo2 Deputy Steward

Hey Nick,
You are in luck!  There is an event in Jackson this weekend.  It is at the
State Fairgrounds parking lot.  People will start showing up around 8-9, and
the first car should be out around noon.

If you have any further questions, just let me know.  I would be glad to help
you through your first event, and the region will appreciate all the new
members we can get.

Steven Volpp
Meridian Mississippi
'95 Black M3