RE: Turn to the Dark Side, Luke!

To: "'Jonathan Kniskern'" <jonathan_kniskern@nmenv.state.nm.us>,
Subject: RE: Turn to the Dark Side, Luke!
From: Alan Pozner <AlanP@identicard.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 15:03:02 -0400
Jonathan,

It's kind of unfair to the tire manufacturers to compare differnt sizes of
USED tires. I have noticed that my new G-Forces are stickier then my "just
used up at 71 runs" set was at the end of their useful life.

But this does open up an interesting thread. When does a new tire become an
old tire? That is does storing a tire reduce its stickiness; longevity; etc?
When in their life cycle do tires "go off" and by how much? Can anyone give
us hard numbers? Has anyone measured skidpad g-force when tires are new vs
after 25, 50, 75 runs? Inquiring minds want to know :-}

Regards,
Alan