Mounting used Kumhos inside out?

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mounting used Kumhos inside out?
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:08:48 -0500
"Does this simply mean that the direction of rotation can be reversed
from that labeled on the sidewall (i.e. you can rotate the tires all the
way around), or does it actually mean that I can mount them with the
fresh side out? "

FYI, I received the following email awhile back...

Hi Jeff,
 You're right. The R&L means nothing, we advised Korea not to put that
on but because the tire is very slightly directional at full tread for
the rain, they insisted.
 Yes, you can flip the tire for more wear. The carcass is symmetrical,
the inside sidewall is identical to the outside. The only factor is to
make sure the inside is wore down pretty well, ( like 1/32 ) before you
do it. If the shoulder is a little heavy you could possibly get a little
chunking. Other than that, flip 'em at will.
Hope this helps.
Mike Irwin
Kumho Tech. Ctr.

Hope that helps,