Re: Heat cycled, shaved?

To: "Chris Teague" <cteague@home.com>,
Subject: Re: Heat cycled, shaved?
From: "Kent Rafferty" <gs96@sgi.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 10:04:44 -0400
315s on 9.5" rims are generally not recommended, BUT
I have seen them work well on an older C4. Derek Sivret
was the fastest C4 at the Harrisburg Pro with 315s on
9.5" wheels on all four corners of his (actually Chang Ho
Kim's) 89 Vette.

If I were going to tweak my Vette to its full potential, I'd
certainly at least try 315s on my front 9.5" wheels (I have
11" wheels in the rear).  I think the stiffer sidewall of R
compound tires may reduce the need for wider rims.

That said, the recommended set-up is still 275s on
9.5" rims.

Kent Rafferty
96 GS