Re: C4 Vette Heaven

To: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Subject: Re: C4 Vette Heaven
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 08:18:21 -0700
Paul Foster wrote:

> =<<There is already a fair place 4 the C4 vettes and that is called
> B/SP!>>
>
> Gee, I guess they should be very happy then. I'll tell all my stock C4
> friends they can get cremed in BSP instead of SS. That should make them
> feel _much_ better.
>
> Is it just me or do other people detect that many SCCA autocrossers are
> stongly in favor of maintaining the status quo instead of growing this
> sport by providing classes for _all_ sports car owners to enjoy?

Paul,

In Arizona we started providing some 'specialty' classes and the SCCA
Open classes now account for only 33% of our cars. The Paxed classes,
Novice and Street Tire classes take the other 67%. Many SCCA Open
classes have only one car. We average 110 to 120 entries.

Sometimes more is not necessarily better.

Scott Meyers

Move here with your Corvettes - no fast RX-7's currently attend our
events. You can buy a few more months of glory until the Mazda guys
figure this out, or the newer faster cars hit the showrooms  ;-)