How much Kumho is too much for a 7.5" wheel.

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: How much Kumho is too much for a 7.5" wheel.
From: "Chris Teague" <cteague@home.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 18:21:12 -0700
OK, I have seen lots of talk about not getting to big a tire on the rim
with the Kumho's, but how much is too big?
 I have a 97 M3 with 17x7.5" front and 17x8.5" rear wheels.
Is the 245/45 too big for a 7.5" wheel, or just right?  I currently am
using 225/45 front, and 245/45 rear, but I have a set of 245 for all
corners I will try this weekend in San Diego.

With the 225's in front, the car still understeers, and eats front tires
in about 45 laps even if I remount them inside out after 30 laps or so.

Chris Teague