re : Tires

To: pete@meisoft.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: re : Tires
From: AnalogMike@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 22:57:11 EDT
"Pete W. Kauffman" <pete@meisoft.com>

> So, what is the best autocross tire based on the results at the Nationals?

Good question! I think it is highly car dependant. On a car without
good negative camber or wide wheels the Kumhos may be best right
now, although the Miatas are doing quite well with Hoosiers.

But on your '74 Carrera, with 2-3 degrees of negative camber
achievable and 7 and 8 x 15" wheels legal, you should certainly
try the Hoosiers in 225/45/15 front and 245/50/15 (?) rear,
should be a great combo!

p.s. check my web site for torque curves of your car (2.7S CIS)
vs other 2.4 and 2.7 stock engines.

http://www.analogman.com/911/911engb.gif

You have a fine engine even if some people look down on the 2.7.

Regards, mike piera  AnalogMike@aol.com  '72 911S  '73 911RS Clone

my racing pages - http://www.analogman.com/911

~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~   vintage guitar effects   www.analogman.com