Re: SSB and Shauna takes a big hit

To: Jeff Lloyd <jslz3@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: SSB and Shauna takes a big hit
From: Josh Sirota <jss@marimba.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 1999 20:34:27 -0400
Jeff Lloyd wrote:

> quick Report on SSB
>
> the SSB race was run in Hurricane Like conditions with 2 red flag
> conditions,
>
> Sauna Marinius (sp?) one of our own conemashers (4 time soloII national
> champ) in her TC Klien prepaired SSB Z3 had a miata Spin and come to a halt
> in front of her, with nowhere to go, there was a huge contact, looked to
> total both cars, She did however walk away, shaken up, but looking pretty
> good. to see the car you would not beleive she faired so well.. (thanks to
> BMW saftey features)
>
> timing and scoring also had a little confusion in the horrable conditions
> and lost track of the car numbers, causing another red flag so the field
> could regrid and restart.
>
> David Daugherty, after taking the lead off the start, lead the whole race
> and is the '99 SSB champ.

And to clear up any potential rumors ...  I was actually there.

Shauna was taken to the hospital for routine checks, but everything
checked out fine.  She is very sore but basically fine.

You wouldn't believe the damage to the car.  I don't think I've
personally ever seen anything so spectacular.  It is definitely
totalled.  So is the Miata she hit (it was basically nose to nose).

Unfortunately, with the heavy rain, I lost my satellite connection and
therefore my videotape of the race only has the 1st lap ... major
bummer!

Josh

Josh