Solo Vee Indiana Championships

To: "BILLINGS,MIKE (HP-Boise,ex1)" <mike_billings@am.exch.hp.com>,
Subject: Solo Vee Indiana Championships
From: "Larry R. Metz" <lrmetz@home.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 18:44:11 -0400
Today was the final day of a very wet soloing week-end.  As part of the
Columbus, IN. SCCA region's annual Superweek-end was included the first
annual Indiana Solo Vee Championship.  With trying to encourage the
enjoying and soloing of solo vees, we were seeking to give opportunity
for good strong competition.

Columbus, IN. Region, has the opportunity of using a large concrete area
at the Columbus Airport, thanks to the generosity of Cummins Engine Co.
It is excellent concrete, better condition than Kansas, the best site in
Indiana!

Our first Indiana Solo Vee Champion is Chuck Buysee in his D-13, with
Second place to Drew Doukas, as Drew set FTD for Sunday in his vee.

A number of drivers praised the course as enjoyable, and rather fast.

Saturday was definitely in the rain, with Sunday clearing so it was
drier, but not quite totally dry.  Everyone got a total of eleven runs,
and hot dogs for lunch each day.

The event also was an annual recognition of British sports cars in
memorial honor of Hank Dickey, who was a long time member of the
Columbus club.  His son Richard presented a large trophy to the fastest
English car.  (Lotus Elan...sorry I did not get his name)

We fear the rain kept some drivers away.....We hope to see a large field
of Solo Vees next year!!!!!!