Re: swaybar info

To: Mari L Clements <mrndr2@juno.com>
Subject: Re: swaybar info
From: "Crooke John" <crooke_john@bah.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 09:38:42 -0400
Like I said, when you buy a car, you're making your own bed. When you buy a
car, you usually have the benefit of at least a write-up in Car & Driver, and
a lot of people even test drive their cars before they buy them. You take a
risk when you buy the first year of a new model - both on where it's going to
be classed, and what kinks the manufacturer will work out in the next year or
two.

Did Toyota recall the '91 cars because too many John Q. Publics were found
wrapped around trees? Were they declared unsafe by NTSB? (I'm just wondering
about the magnitude of the mistake on the part of the manufacturer. - I don't
know anything about 91 MR2's.)

I don't believe that big manufacturers are as likely to make the types of
safety-compromising mistakes that were made in the 60's and 70's. We've come
a long way, in both design and testing.

John

--
John Crooke