Re: no dishes - more options

To: George Ryan <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Subject: Re: no dishes - more options
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 06:57:48 -0700
George Ryan wrote:

> At this juncture, one can get Speedvision IF:
>
>     They have on specific brand dish, and
>     They do not live in an apartment, or
>     Their condo faces in the right direction, AND
>     It is configured so that a dish can be mounted.
>                             or
>     They have cable television, AND
>     Their cable company is the right one that contracturally can air it.
>                             plus
>     Public television ( with regular outside, or rabbit ear antenna) is
>     definately not possible.

Recently, in Phoenix Arizona (my frame of reference), the local
telephone company (US West here) began offering 70+ channel TV (with
ESPN2 and Speedvision), fast internet (VDSN - 256K upload and download),
and phone service to your home all over *one* phone line. The same line
that is already installed. Total cost for all (including taxes) is
around $100 per month. No extra cables, no dishes.

I know this is not available everywhere yet, but when it is check it
out. Choices, service and system stability here is better than my dish
or cable TV ever was.

Just keeps getting better.....and cheaper too!

Scott Meyers