Entry fee costs. Was 'Why not "pro" cone chasers?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Entry fee costs. Was 'Why not "pro" cone chasers?
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:00:21 -0400
"Thompson, Adrian (A.L.)" <athomps9@visteon.com> wrote:

> DG said 'He also noted that the entry fees were MUCH higher - on the order
> of $60-$70 per event.'

> Dennis, your always touting way's to get more people into autocross.
> $60-$70 entry fee's for a local event are the best way I can think of to
> kill it as fast as possible.

No argument there!

When he told me how much the Japanese entry fees were, I did the math to figure
out if it was paying for corner workers that was making it so high - and it
appears that it is not.

Assuming $5/hr, 5 corner stations, 5 people/station, and no margin to eat it in
the existing entry fee, then the price increase to support paid corner workers
ranges from $3.50 (200 cars) to $7.50 (100 cars)

Using your $15-$25 range for existing fees, that makes the best case $18.50, and
the worst case $32.50 - again, with the aformentioned assumptions, which are
subject to some tweaking in both directions.

That's still a far cry from $60 though. :)

Here's a question for the masses though - at what price point is an event too
expensive?

DG