Re: Which Miata?

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Which Miata?
From: "Burns, James B." <BurnsJB1@central.SSD.JHUAPL.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 09:06:09 -0400
If you are looking for a '94+ car, just make sure it has the (Torsen) LSD.
That's the only option that seems to matter much.  Andy Poling has been very
competitive in his '97 PEP (Preferred Equipment Package) car, and the extra
power goodies, cruise, A/C, etc. make for a nicer street car.  I think his
'97 is for sale.

If you are looking for a '90-93 Miata, the optional viscous LSD really
doesn't do a lot, but it might help a little.  In '92 they started adding
the rear subframe braces, and there was a special edition model with
slightly wider wheels, but it was loaded with options so is heavier.  I
think the '92's also had stiffer springs or swaybars than the '90-91.  Check
out www.miata.net for more info.

If anyone knows of a cheap '90-93 Miata for sale in the mid-Atlantic area,
let me know.  I want it for a road race car project.  A hardtop and factory
alloy wheels would be a plus.

Brad Burns