Autocross Live on the Web

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Autocross Live on the Web
From: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:21:38 EDT
Hello Team.Netters,

Imagine watching autocrossing live on the Web!  It's supposed to happen this
Sunday, October 24, 1999, from Pittsburgh Pa.

A company called Nauticom Sports Network, who have been doing radio and
local TV broadcasts of high school football games and the like, has
approached The North Hills Sports Car Club about bringing out their cameras
and transmitting equipment to the North Park Swimming Pool this weekend to
broadcast the final heat of our season ending  autocross live on the Web.
They are also archiving the broadcast so that we can pull it up later and
watch ourselves out on the course.

One caveat...The Nauticom people have told us that if it is really raining,
or snowing they will not be there. And currently the weather forcast is for
drizzle and 40F temps.  So there is a chance that it might not happen. Keep
your fingers crossed.

In any event, tune in Sunday afternoon, probably about 3:00 P.M. to 4:00
P.M. Eastern Time to see what's happening.  The broadcast will appear on
their Web Page:
                           www.nsnsports.net

This should be interesting.

Larry Steckel