Stolen vehicles and GPS Stuff

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stolen vehicles and GPS Stuff
From: Kenneth Allan Mitchell <nokones@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 08:33:54 -0700
>I bet they would be: Corvette, Supra, RX7, 300zx , 911, Boxter, M3, Integra R,
Miata, etc

Regarding the Corvette, I think you will find the later (90+) go-fast
Corvettes and  Camaros down on the list of stolen vehicles. The reason
is because of the VATS.

Now, the LoJack vehicle theft recovery system. LoJack is not a
satellite based system. The system is a terrestrial (Land based)
system and is not offered everywhere, and where it is offered, not
every Police agency uses LoJack to track stolen vehicles. The Police
agencies that do use Lojack to track stolen vehicles, only a few of
the patrol vehicles have the tracking receiver.

Since most of the police agencies need to be cautious about how they
install their own radio and emergency equipment (such as Radar, MDC,
radio(s), lights and siren, shotgun and automatic rifle) in the newer
vehicles and the fact that there is no room anymore in patrol vehicles
for low-use and non-essential equipment, such things as the LoJack
system may not be installed in the vehicles of many agencies. The
airbag system have dictate where you can install equipment inside the
vehicle.

The LoJack system does not use microwave frequencies nor does the
system require microwave towers, no such thing as microwave towers.
Radio towers are just radio antenna towers regardless if you use
microwave dishes (antennas) or VHF/UHF/800 antennas. I don't recall
the actual frequency now but I belive it is in the VHF (150 or 220
MHz) band. (I deal with too many different radio systems to remember
them all, that is why I have a computer data base and books to store
that info.)

--
Kenneth Allan Mitchell
mailto:nokones@ix.netcom.com