GCR Octoberfast

To: autocross <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: GCR Octoberfast
From: John Galligan <galligan@gulftel.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 08:48:52 -0500
Gulf Coast Region held it's anual "Octoberfast" Solo2 event at the
fabulous Blue Angel Park Recreation Park in Pensacola this past
weekend.  This 2 day event is held at Bronson Field which is located
within this government facility.  Weather was perfect, cool and very
sunny. The course was fast, within rules of course, and very
challenging.  We have about 2 miles of space to work with so can make
good, non-confusing, courses. Sunday's course was basically the same as
Saturday's, only in the opposite direction. A party after playing on
Saturday included all you could eat hot dogs, hamburgers, salads,
desserts, and snacks. Sunday lunch was included with soda all day, both
days, and free beer after the event. 12  ( average 80 second ) runs,
food, drink, and lots and lots of prizes, beautiful weather, great
people, and all of this for a grand total of $25 for SCCA members, $35
for non-members. Yes; a solo2 nirvana.If you missed it this year, mark
your calendar for 2000.  Our next event at Blue Angel is November 24, a
non-points fun event, come join us. This one day event is at the tail
end of the long holiday weekend. For military and ex-military there is
camping at the site which also has a limited number of cabins, there is
a KOA 5 minutes from the site in Lillian, Alabama, and numerous motels
in Pensacola.  Join us for fun in the sun at the Gulf Coast Region.
Y'all come now. For more info check out ourweb-site at
http://geocities.com/motorcity/1789/    This site is regularly updated
and our web guru says that info from Octoberfast will be up by
Wednesday, with pics. No pressure on you, Eric:-).   See you at Bronson
Nov. 28.

--
John Galligan
galligan@gulftel.com