Tragic Loss

To: "'AutoX'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tragic Loss
From: "Tharpe, Joe" <JoeT@ryersoncoil.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 14:12:30 -0600
IMHO This is an event in automotive history that everybody looses.
Especially the Moore family.  They have lost someone that can never be
replaced.  The hope is that he did not die in vain, in that the all involved
will learn from what happened and will improve the sport as we know it
today.  Was there anything that could have changed the outcome? No one will
ever know that answer since we cannot change what happened. Anytime you have
an object traveling at more than 200 mph then that object hits a solid wall,
really really bad things are going to happen.  All we can do is speculate.
Hopefully the organizers, builders of the cars, builders of the tracks, and
all that are involved with the sport will take this incident and examine it,
over and over, to come up with solutions that will help everyone's safety
for the future.  The family of Greg Moore have endured a great loss.  The
sport has lost a great driver.  We all have lost but the biggest looser is
Greg Moore and his family.

My prayers go out to his family.

Just My 2 cents.
Joe T