Re: Secrets of Solo Racing book: A worthwhile investment?

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Subject: Re: Secrets of Solo Racing book: A worthwhile investment?
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 16:46:12 -0500
"Kelly, Katie" wrote:
> There is a video, mostly Porsche oriented, with some footage from the
> Solo II Nationals, called, I think, "Autocrossing in the Fast Lane."
> Am I right?  Wrong?
>
> It's very nicely done, though with a Porsche bias. And it is also WAY
> 80's.

You're right about the video, but you're wrong that it's WAY 80's.
It was filmed in 1991.  I know for sure because there's footage of me
in there, getting all kinds of sideways approaching the tight right
at the southeast corner of the south course that was basically there
every year.  (You know the one -- some zigzags as you cross the
south edge of the course, crest the hill, car gets light, then try
to brake and turn right all at the same time.)

I'm the one in the ugly copper-colored 914, between all those other
914's.

Just after that footage of me getting sideways, there's similar footage
of Jeff Reitmeir getting similarly sideways, which makes me feel a
little better about it. :-)

Mark