Proper car classifications (was Re: Pylon for October )

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Proper car classifications (was Re: Pylon for October )
From: Todd Green <tag@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 10:39:22 -0700
>I don't have a dog in this fight and have no freaking clue if the RSR (or
>whatever it was) shoulda been classed in AP (or whereever it was), but the
>following I gotta respond to...
>
>On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, John F. Kelly Jr. wrote:
>>         In case the above isn't clear, the Lotus 7A is competitive with
>> 1275 Spridgets and that's where the car belongs in Solo II as well. What
>> neither the Comp Board nor the SEB seem to care to understand is horsepower
>> increases on an inclined plane as displacement increases. I.e. a 2000 cc
>> engine delivers considerably more than twice the hp of a 1000cc engine. The
>> power is increased on a curve as the displacement goes up.

While we are nit picking, where is it written that a car will perform
equally on a road course as it does in the Solo II format?

I'd love to see some of the CSP Hondas come play with our M3's at Willow
Springs (especially in the 125+ mph turn 8). Oh, wait does this mean
that the E36 M3 should move out of CSP ;) ;) ;)

Todd
--
?SP M3