SP VTEC loophole (was Re: Rules Questions)

To: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>, Josh Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>,
Subject: SP VTEC loophole (was Re: Rules Questions)
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 05:40:48 -0800 (PST)
Sheesh...what goofball wrote this?  :)  I found upon
re-reading the ST rules that the SP computer allowance
doesn't apply at all in ST.  So there is no
"equivalent mechanical allowance" restriction in ST
right now!  Anything goes, as long as it fits in the
box.  It is definitely needed...there are too many
cars with computer controlled camshaft timing
available today.  It could be called a loophole big
enough to drive a Honda Prelude through...

Craig B.

PS It might not matter that much with Honda VTEC,
which is a discrete switch between two cam profiles.
But there are systems out there with continuously
variable cam timing.