Sound Measurement Devices

To: "Team.net Mail" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sound Measurement Devices
From: Brian Leduc <brianl@swcp.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:54:58 -0700
I have a question regarding the sound meters typically used at road
races.

Do these devices have any kind or output that could be sent to an
outboard recording device?

I know that some dB meters have an audio output that can connect to a
tape recorder, however,  I need a device with an electrical output
proportional to the dB level that could connect to an industrial
automation controller.

As you can guess, this question is not related to racing sound control,
but I suspect that the SCCA sound control folks that look at this list
will be able to point me in the right direction.

Please reply privately to:

brianl@swcp.com

Regards,

Brian Leduc
GS Type R
The Official Whipping boy of Team.net (the car not the driver!)