Question @ directional tread on Yoko A008R

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Question @ directional tread on Yoko A008R
From: "Craig Daugherty" <cmdaugherty@tyler.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 08:00:21 -0800
    I got a good deal on four Yoko A008R tires from a local tire shop. They
are not the current A008RS (DOT road race tire), or the A008RSII (autocross
tire), but the earlier generation tire. The problem is that I did not notice
until it was time to mount them that they are all right sided tires.
    My mechanic says that running them right and left should not be a
problem because the directionality of the tire affects only the way the
sipes drain water. I'm not sure that's right.
    I will be driving these tires at highway speeds for an hour or two to
get to my next event. Is it dangerous to run these right tires on the left?
Am I risking tread separation, excessive wear?
    Thanks for any advice.

Craig Daugherty
'90 Nissan 300ZX
Tyler, TX