Picking new tires

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Picking new tires
From: PAULES56@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 20:39:07 EST
I am probably one of the last people using Yokohama A008 RSII's for
autocross.  I simply love them. They proved forgiving and durable.  Just what
a novice needs. Now I am exploring the possibility of trying another tire to
advance to the next level.  My stock class 85 CRX uses the 185-60-13.  Please
feel free to share experience with any brand you have tried on such a light,
FWD car.  Think I'll pass on the BFG R-1 with the hinge (maybe all hinged
tires). And I'll pass on the Toyo too.  Kumho does not make this size and the
205-60 is too big for my gears and the tiny tracks we run on.  Hoosier makes
the roadrace compound in my size and I have heard that it does not give up
much to the A/X compound.  Would this be a step up from the RSII in terms of
sticky?  I've got time to think about this.  I have lots of runs left on 2
sets of well used Yokos!!

Answer direct if you like since nobody seems to care about old, worn out,
simple, reliable, easy to maintain, fun cars like mine anymore. (minor
sarcasm)

Paul