was Honda S2000 now oversize

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: was Honda S2000 now oversize
From: "Jeff Lloyd" <jslz3@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 06:20:37 GMT
watch yourself with those oversized tires, I have been learning  to go
against my instinct to squeeze the biggest tire on a given rim. It's just
not as fast..

Hoosier tom told me, No don't try to squeeze to 245's on 7" rims, and I
laughed, BFG told me It can be done, but not recommended, well wouldn't you
know, I ran all 4 tires head to head,

both hoosiers felt better with my driving style then the BFG's, but the
kicker was both the 225 BFG AND the 225 hoosier were faster on the 7" rim
then either of the 245's and the car was easier to drive fast..  I guess
Mabie on a skidpad the 245's may have had an advantage, but in the real
world the 225's take it, Now I wonder what 205's will be like.... we are
only talking about less then 3/10ths difference,(first to last over a 40
second test course) but that was all I needed to be sold on the smaller
tires.

test WAS performed and repeated with the same results

next experiment is to try a stagger setup, maby diffrent brands front to
rear...

Jeff Lloyd