CoDriving Rates

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: CoDriving Rates
From: Dennis Hale <dhale_510@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 07:39:32 -0800 (PST)
  I went through this with a buddy a few years ago. He
had a EM 'Vette, I a EP Datsun. We trded back and
forth as the cars demanded (we drove the running one).
We figured all was about even. Then we calculated real
expenses over the previous 5 years. Wow, the 'Vette
was all tires, the mechanical bits were very reliable
and cheap, total costs about $25/minute. The Datsun
was half the tires but a lot more stuff, about
$40/minute when all was tallied. We both figured the
whole trailering thing cost as much or more and
decided this was NOT the fun part of the game, and
went to dinner. Oh yeah, he normally was faster in
either car, but my wife was normally faster than his
in either car, so there. 8-)

=====
Dennis Hale