Harness for sale, window net as a loader.

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Harness for sale, window net as a loader.
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 12:48:31 -0600
[Of course I don't mind if you want to re-post this to other mailing lists
concerned with automotive competition.]

FOR SALE:  Bell Racestar brand 5-point harness.  Started life in an IT car.
Was used a half-dozen times in 4-point configuration for autocross in The
Schwartz.

Red anodized cam lock in perfect shape.  Release is red anodized 6-bump knob
3 inches across.  Red webbing, 3-inch on lap and shoulders, 2-inch on sub
strap.  Some surface corrosion on a few of the fittings, mainly on the sub
strap, which spent some time on an IT car in storage.  Webbing is perfectly
serviceable for autocross, but is out-of-date for club racing, so the
harness would have to be re-webbed for SCCA Club Racing.  SFI spec 16.1.
Manufacture date is FEB 25 1990.  Lap and shoulder are both "pull-down"
adjustment configuration.  Of course, if you re-web it, you can change the
lap to "pull-up".

Each lap belt extends up to 27 inches from buckle center to center of
mounting hole.
Each shoulder strap extends up to 48 inches from buckle center to end of the
webbing.
Sub strap extends up to 24 inches from buckle center to center of mounting
hole.

I will include a long VW 2-inch strap with everything you need to mount as a
y-harness to the back seat-belt bolt of an autocross car with a back seat.
Yes, I know this is not legal in Club Racing.  Other methods of mounting,
you are on your own.

Harness includes two blue Pyrotect brand shoulder-strap pads.

As a loader, no extra charge:  Pyrotect brand window net.  Net only.  Does
not have the rods which insert in the top and bottom hems.  22 inches wide.
17 inches high.  Black with red stitching on the hems.

Price: Best offer received by November 24. FOB Saint Paul Minnesota USA.
Prefer USA
dollars, but will consider offers of other interesting items, especially
those relating to
autocrossing or Lotus cars. Check prices and availability of this harness
elsewhere and
bid accordingly.

Terms: Send me a check for half the purchase price. I will then ship by grou
nd or air,
your choice. When the item arrives, send me a check for the other half of
the purchase
price plus the shipping charge.

Phil Ethier   Saint Paul    Minnesota USA
Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro (SOLD), Saturn SL2, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC