CSP---NewDSP VW GTI for sale

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: CSP---NewDSP VW GTI for sale
From: "I.Mannix" <mannix@privatei.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 08:35:02 -0700
Posting for a friend - this car is a *really* good deal @$3500; it is a
great starting place for NewDSP in 2000; with a little work(springs,
limited slip), this car is definetly capable of beating the fastest cars
currently in NewDSP.

Reply to Rob at robert.carnochan@colorado.edu.

Price Reduced!!!!!!
Car $3500, Trailer $800!!!!!

I need to sell my 87 VW 16V GTi (CSP -- soon to be DSP).  I think the 16V's
have a very good chance to be competitive in the new DSP.  I have some of
the original parts (seats, exhaust manifold/cat) if anyone wants to return
it to street legal and go into the Street Touring Class.  I am the original
owner of the car and have loved
every minute of it.  All the mods have been done in the past 4 years by
wonderful mechanics.  Here's the list (completely legal in Street
Prepared!!!):

Engine Bay/Exhaust/Transmission:
Transplanted 2.0 liter 16V engine (head and block) now with approx. 70K
miles on it.
Nology Plug wires and coil amp.
Autotech Power Module
Modified Air box w/ K&N filter
Relocated battery to trunk
Eurosport 4 - 2 - 1 Header w/ Custom 2.5" stainless exhaust (really loud)
Rebuilt Tranny w/ lightened flywheel and Velocity 80% lock diff. kit

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes:
Neuspeed upper front sway bar
Neuspeed lower swaybars (28mm/25mm)
Eurosport upper rear sway bar
Bilstien Sport Struts front and shocks rear
Neuspeed Lowering Springs
13X8 Panasport look-a-likes (approx. 13 lbs. each)
225 50 13 Hoosier Road Race compound Tires (need to be replaced)
Stainless Brake lines
Ferodo Brake Pads

Interior:
Black w/ 2 New Corbeau Forza II Race Seats (Red)
Racing Harness on both sides
Momo Corse steering Wheel
Razo Pedal Covers
Removed stereo and other legal stuff

Exterior:
Silver (Stock - Diamond Metallic)
21 CSP in vinyl on doors
Front Air dam and apron painted to match exterior color
4 round euro headlight conversion w/ upper lip spoiler
Some very small spots of rust mostly confined to drivers side door
Fender lips rolled in for tire clearance

Car Trailer:
2" ball hitch, dual axle w/ brakes.  14" wheels.
Heavy duty construction that will last a loooong time.

Will sell it all (car, trailer, and extras) to a good home for $4300 (Car
$3500/Trailer $800).  Let me know if you're interested.  Would be willing
to meet half way or deliver within a reasonable distance.  I'll scan some
photos this week so I can email them to interested parties.

Thanks,

Rob Carnochan
Golden, Colorado
(303) 277-1818 - home