Re: Braided/Stainless lines in Stock Category

To: <rjohnson@friendlynet.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Braided/Stainless lines in Stock Category
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 07:29:28 -0600
From: rjohnson@friendlynet.com <rjohnson@friendlynet.com>

>  It was '86 I think - and the Lotus (a source of so many of the issues
>in this sport, n'est pas?) Elan was fairly prominent and dominant in
>A/S.  These vehicles have a plastic fuel/oil/hydraulic (not sure which)

Fuel.  There is a plastic tee between the twin carbs.

>line that was prone to failure, typically
>resulting in a fire of terminal proportions.

This has caused many an Elan to burn to the ground.  The usual fix is to
replace the plastic tee with a metal tee.  This is the first thing Elan
owners are encouraged to do by the owners clubs and more-experienced owners.
Putting in a new factory piece is not adequate.  New ones fail too.  ACBC
made some mistakes in design, and this was a doozie.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro (SOLD), Saturn SL2, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/