Rim width for 205/60/13 Kuhmos

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rim width for 205/60/13 Kuhmos
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 14:39:13 -0600
"I have a set of Kuhmo's in 205/60/13 which I bought at the end of last
season for my CSP RX7. They're mounted on OEM 13x5.5 rims. I'm
considering buying some aftermarket wheels (Diamond Racing) a little
wider. What's the widest I could go? The reason it's an issue is that
when these tires wear out I'd like to change to Hoosier 225/45/13's and
these work best with an 8"-9" rim. I'd rather go as wide as I can but I
still have 60% tread left on the Kuhmo's. I'm thinking 8" might be
pushing it. Any ideas?"

FWIW, we use 13x7 Diamonds with 205 Kumho's on our Spec Rx7's, (zero
offset, no rubbing).  Your application will depend on fender clearance.
If your ride height and springs allow your tires to clear the bodywork,
go with 13x9's and 225 whatevers.  If not, you're stuck with 13x8's and
205's.
--
Jeff Cashmore
http://www.execpc.com/~cashmo/specrx7.html = Spec Rx7 startup info