Re: stripped interior in SP????

To: cw26@daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: Re: stripped interior in SP????
From: Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 16:19:41 -0800
cw26@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:

> I never had a problem with actual (read "road
> raced") IT race cars competing in the same class.  I guess what really peeved
> me, was that an "IT" car showed up a divisional (maybe it was in a magazine -
> way too long ago to remember correctly) that was specifically built for solo 2
> and never had any intention of going road racing.

If that were really the case, the builder of the made a terrible
mistake. There's NO WAY an IT-legal car will be competitive in its SP
class against cars that have been fully prepped using the "real" SP
rules. IT-legal cars have several prominent disadvantages:
rules-specified minimum weights, specific (and fairly wimpy) limits on
wheel widths and diameters, much stricter induction rules, and minimum
ride heights. Why would it bother anyone to compete in SP against a car
prepped to the IT rules?

Jay