GS-R Tranny/LSD help

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: GS-R Tranny/LSD help
From: "Mike Neary" <zoomie@qis.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 10:41:08 -0500
I have a 97 GS-R that I want to put a limited slip in. My first
thought was get a ITR diff ($870 locally) and drop it in. Problem is,
I have two mechanics that I trust; one says the ITR diff drops right
in, the other says it doesn't.  According to both, the ITR diff is
about 45% which suits my needs, but if it won't work, it won't work.
Anyone know for sure?

I can get an entire ITR tranny for about $1200, but I fear that the
different gearing won't suit my GS-R well. Opinions or  experience
with this?

My last option would be to get a different diff, but the only
aftermarket name I am familiar with is Quaife ($1400). Can anyone
recommend some other brands or point me someplace I can find
more info
on this?

Thanks,

Mike