Re: IT cars in SP

To: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: IT cars in SP
From: "Bruce Wentzel" <greendot@excelonline.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 12:17:20 -0500
>> I had an ITS RX7 that I always wanted to try in CSP just to
see how it would
>> do, but I sold it before I had the chance to autox it.  It
weighed about
>> 2500 lbs.
>
>I believe 1st-gen RX7s can be brought down to 2250-2300 lbs. in
SP-legal
>trim. Maybe lower. Wendell Karr-Ake told me two years ago how
much his
>car weighed at the time. I don't remember his figure, but it was
>definitely less than 2500 lbs.

Brad was quoting the weight for a second gen car.  A first gen
ITS car (GSL-SE) weight is 2350 and an ITA, 12A car is 2200.

Tell Wendell I said hi.  He used to hail from the Detroit area.
Brad, maybe I'll try to run the car at an autocross next year.

Bruce Wentzel Green Dot Racing, Inc. Road Race & Solo II rentals
BSP 71 Corvette LS6 - the original Greendot; RX-7's; 79 ITA, 84
ITS, 86 ITS
One person brake bleeding with Speed Bleeders, racer price $5.20
ea.
Ask me about your opportunity to be a part of the fastest growing
company in the fastest growing industry in the world!!