Re: New York State's Drop Zone

To: mattm@optonline.net
Subject: Re: New York State's Drop Zone
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 06:12:42 PST
In a previous message, Matt Murray asked:

>Anyone know what the status is with that site these days?
>I'd love to go back. Good place for the New England region to
>buy to have a club race track.

It's dead, Jim. :-(   [Moment of silence for loss of great site.]

The parcel (formerly known as Galeville airport) went up for
grabs a few years back, with the local goverments proposing
uses for the land. Among them were a veterans cemetery, a park,
and a bird sanctuary.  It was announced that the bird sanctuary
won.  Now, I don't know about you, but tell me where the government's
wisdom was in granting a piece of real estate at least a mile
square AND NO TREES to the wrong autobahn society.  Anyway,
the last status report on the site that I heard said that the
runways weren't even discernable from the grass any more.....

-Arthur