Allies vs Axis, LONG!

To: galligan@gulftel.com
Subject: Allies vs Axis, LONG!
From: JD_Kemp@notes.ymp.gov
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 11:55:36 -0800

Dear John, et al:

I'm just now recovering from my trip to Tallahassee.  I wanna give a hearty
"AMEN" to everything (well, almost) you said about A vs A #13!

It was a wonderful weekend, starting with the illustrious showing by Team
Jackson at the "Jingle Bell Run" on Saturday night.  We were supposed to run 5k.
Team Jackson walked around the block, ran across the finish line (Berger ran
backwards, showing his "good side"), and went for a beer.  I might have been
able to run faster (?) had I not been full of jambalaya!  The event was a
carnival, as usual.  I got to see all my old friends and some new ones, like
YOU!  I helped "flag" that first run by Carl B (the "three fingered Eye-Tallian
lounge singer"), got to talk with you and David Hawkins in the paddock, visited
with JK and Miss Chris, Bill F, Bill D, Rob and Tracy, Duane, Chris K from
'Bama, Brian and June, Mazda-Carl, Alfa-Karl, Todd and Katie, Berger, Chris Y,
Lee and his Miss Chris, and everybody else there that I know and love.  (Even
you, Mr. Sipe!)  It was a great event.

Driving the Blue Meanie TR6 for the first time was "something" as well.  The one
time I managed to keep my head on straight, I put down a 45 second run, which
I'm sorta proud of.  (Hey, it was ALMOST competitive!)  I partly deserved that
"Crappiest Run" award after the spin in front of timing/scoring, but I
understand there were 82 entrants and they quit counting votes when I had the
first 80 - and several still in the ballot box!  I suspect voter fraud.  I plan
on proudly WEARING the trophy to our region meeting tonight.  And don't look for
it in the bathroom (even though that's where it came from), because I plan on
hanging it in the living room ABOVE my other trophies!  Seriously, all the
trophies were done by Scott Schleh, out of St Augustine, FL, and they're
MAHVELOUS!

It's a lot of work for a small group like Dixie Region to put on a show like
Allies/Axis.  The folks there that put out all that extra effort to make the
event such a wonderful show genuinely deserve a pat on the back (or a big hug?
Depends.  Miss Chris, yes, but I ain't huggin' JK...)  Some years ago, Todd
suggested our motto in Dixie Region be "Tiny, But Fierce" and it's still true.
They manage to put on a great event and a great show with only a minimal number
of folks, all of whom put out a major amount of work.  Many, many thanks to
everybody there, with a special Thank You to JK and Chris for loaning me a race
car and for being the perfect hosts while I was in town.

And, the Allies won, yet again saving the world from the forces of Eeee-vil and
Darkness.  Life is good!

Peace, Love, & Pushrods
JD Kemp &
"Lucretia MacEvil" #13 MGB