We are happy

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: We are happy
From: Paul Cézanne <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 09:08:21 -0500
To all of our friends:

We are happy to announce that on Wednesday, 29 December 1999, at 3:00
pm, we were married by a Justice of the Peace near Woodstock,
Vermont. We are still pursuing the annulment within the Roman
Catholic Church of Paul's former marriage, and when that is granted
(as we are confident it will be), then we will be inviting you to our
wedding.

In the meantime, however, we felt too close and too joined together
to wait in order to have our union legalized; so legal it now is.  In
Paul's words: "Over the holidays Jeannette and I decided to get
married, as in not wait for annulment.  Oh, we still plan on doing
the annulment and the Church wedding, but we just want to be
official.  There are all sorts of good "reasons" having to do with
the kids and dealing with their mother, but those are only false
reasons.  I'm happy, she is happy, and we want to be together in the
eyes of the land.  The feelings of closeness that we've had for each
other have just grown stronger and stronger and we decided to do it,
and do it now."

As we are creating a new family, we have decided that neither of us
will take the other's last name, but are rather choosing an alternate
name that will be truly "ours."  Our new last name is Cézanne, yes,
like the painter.  If that looked funny on your machine, try this
"Cezanne" and put an acute accent over the first e.

Wish us well!

Jeannette & Paul