My view of Karts

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: My view of Karts
From: SusanD@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 08:45:34 EDT
I can't be quiet anymore about this subject.  Actually, I'm rather neutral
about Karts, but here's my view.

When I'm strapped into my CP car, my sight and hearing are controlled by the
car.  In other words, my hearing is muffled by my helmet, and the roar of a CP
engine (my own) or the revving next to me in grid and staging prevents me from
hearing most anything else (e.g. dogs, children, Karts).

Also, your typical CP car doesn't have any mirrors, hence sight is limited to
mostly straight ahead.  I pray I don't have to use reverse gear!  Once again,
this prevents me from seeing anything to the side or behind me (e.g. dogs,
children, Karts).

There are currently rules about no dogs or children in grid and staging,
thankfully.  But we must now co-exist with Karts.  Hopefully Kart drivers are
smarter than dogs and children, and will allow for the "blind and deaf" drivers
of real cars.

You've no doubt heard jokes about Karts being "CP wheel chocks".  I really
don't want to see this happen, so I ask that Kart drivers be cognizant.

If my bones were younger, I'd try Karts myself

Susan Delzell
CPL 91