Re: Kumho ECSTA Supra 712

To: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Kumho ECSTA Supra 712
From: Vince Bly <vbly@pop200.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 17:51:47 -0500
At 03:47 PM 5/29/00 -0700, Craig Blome wrote:
> >Date: 29 May 2000 10:38:49 -0700
> >From: Jeff Lloyd <Jeff@cyberconceptz.com>
>
> >and KUMHO DOES pay contengecy in STS..
>
>You sure about that?  Last I checked, the paperwork
>specified Kumho V700's only...
>
>=====

>Kick off your party with Yahoo! Invites.
>http://invites.yahoo.com/
=======================================

         I called Kuhmo and specifically asked them about
contengency for the 712 in STS.  They said yes.

         BTW.  Last year, I tried several tires and determined that
the Michelin Mxx3 was the best for STS, followed by the AVS
Intermediate.  The results last year seemed to prove me out.
This year, I tried the 712's and thought they responded well
but had less grip than the Michelins or the Intermediates (this
is about what one would expect based on the treadwear rating
of 280 vs 140 & 160 for the others).

         So far this year I'm not driving well, so my results are
not tire related.  However, as someone else pointed out, nobody
told Eric K' that his 712's weren't the best--doesn't seem to
have held him back much.

                                         Vince Bly