Re: (imrx7) Re: Car Classification Rules

To: "Chris Shepard" <maverick@purplemtn.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: (imrx7) Re: Car Classification Rules
From: "David Hawkins" <otgrouch@twosrus.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 14:39:16 -0500
> So, if it's Spec7-safety-legal, I can call it ITA?
> Which rulebook says an ITA car is eligible for
> Solo II CSP?  Does this apply to National, too?

Spec 7....is that a national IT class?  All I know is that
the Solo II rulebook, chapter 14, says 'Cars listed as
eligible in and prepared to the current national IMproved
Touring rules are permitted to compete in their respective
street prepared classes.'  We hashed this out last year
and basically it boils down to the fact that you'll never be
seriously competitive in SP if you drive an IT car.  You
can't mix and match the rules...it's either SP or IT.  I did this
with my 85 Mr2 last year because I wanted to gut it and
had fun doing it.  Sold that one with the cage still intact and
moved on to the current car.

> Man, if you could have seen/smelled it, you'd have
> done exactly the same thing, I guarantee you.  :)

I don't doubt it!  I've cut up some nasty cars!

> Hmmm.  That'd put me back in CS, where the car
> actually belongs.  Gonna have to thimk (sic) some
> on that.

That's what I'd do....but I'm more than a little off kilter.
Just ask that Galligan fella.

David Hawkins
86 CSP Mr2 in pieces
93 EM Mr2 with corded rear tires
86 EM Cressida with corded front tires
86 HS Cressida that my girlfriend won't let me autox
7 Mr2 parts cars in various states of disassembly