Re: driving shoes

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: driving shoes
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 20:31:44 -0700 (PDT)
It's hard to make blanket recommendations on driving
shoes when everyone's feet are different sizes.  I
wear a men's size 12 and running shoes are no good for
autocross because they are too wide for a Miata's
pedals.  Even on the street, I often snag the gas
pedal when stepping on the brake.  (and no, I wasn't
intending to heel-and-toe :)

otoh, most of the good narrow shoes for autocrossing
are flat soled and totally unsuited to shagging cones.
 So, I have running shoes for most of the day and a
pair of Converse Chuck Taylor canvas hightops for
autocross (narrow, fine support, and $25/pair).
Lacing the darn things up is a chore, but one gets
better with practice.  Works for me, but YMMV.

Craig Blome

=====

Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
http://photos.yahoo.com