Stock class reclassings

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stock class reclassings
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@spec-rx7.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 21:50:21 -0500
My picks regarding http://www.scca.org/news/tech/seb/6-4-00.html#memo1

Class 1 SDS (Super-Duper Stock?) - I'm afraid the Viper GTS will be the
car to have.  Has anyone proven the C5 is better than the C4?  Will this
class be like T1 in road racing where they're lucky if 1 car shows
because no on can afford them?
Class 2 SS, In a close race I'd take the Boxster S over the C4 and S2000

Class 3, AS, still the toss up that is currently AS (this is a good
thing)
Class 4, BS, New Miata vs MR Spyder vs MR2 S/C, cool!
Class 5, DS, good class, Type R by a nose?
Class 6, CS, If anyone still has a stock 914 2.0 it will give the MR2 a
run
Class 7, FS isn't broke so we're not fixing it
Class 8, GS, heavy V6's vs light inline 4's = the new melting pot.  I
think I'd take a Sentra SE-R.
Class 9, ES, the Honda CRX will win again

Do the current GS Honda Prelude's go into Class 5 or 8?  Anyone else
we're missing?

BTW ftp://ftp.team.net/autocross/ has a lot of old Nats results if
you're interested in seeing how some of these cars compared.  No, they
don't show what the weather conditions were like.

Jeff Cashmore