Re: Sequential Stock Classes

To: Ghsharp@aol.com
Subject: Re: Sequential Stock Classes
From: Ben Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 14:08:02 -0400
GH,

Thanks for your insightful explanation of the classing issues the SEB
deals with on a regular basis.

You are right, if the sequential classing structure would be handled
poorly, it would lend itself to the "car of the year" scenario you
described. Any classing structure would need to be studied long and hard
with lots of head scratching and "what-if" questions being asked to meet
the needs of the diverse driver/car demographic that SCCA enjoys.

Of course, that would continue to be the job of the SEB, to keep all that
stuff within reason, and to give the whiners on this forum fodder to
grist about how the SEB is "biased" in its decisions <Grin>.

I for one appreciate the efforts you and the rest of the SEB put into our
sport. I hope my "brainstorming" about a different classing structure
isn't seen as a cut of the SEB's work or lack of appreciation for what
y'all do.
Ben Thatcher
Apex Benefit Services & Motorsports
Stockbridge, GA