Re: ProSolo questions and launching

To: sburkett@ooi.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ProSolo questions and launching
From: JTB713@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 18:43:16 EDT
In a message dated 7/7/00 6:36:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time, sburkett@ooi.com
writes:

<< > Very few of the NTs or divisionals I have attended had a drag style
 > start (straight line to the first technical part).  Most Solo II
 > courses have a start followed by a rather sharp turn to discourage
 > clutch killing launches.

 Can someone explain this to me?  I realize that most non-pro courses start
 out this way, but how does this discourage a drag launch?

 To my inexperienced mind, faster is faster.  If you're *serious* about
 going as fast as you possibly can, shouldn't you always execute your best
 "pro style" launch?

You are absolutely right!

Jim Blanton